Manalive!

Once upon a time there was a man who was alive.

Name:
Location: Hattiesburg, Mississippi, United States
St. Cuthbert and Disciples in a Boat

29.10.02

How I Saw

The world is charged with the grandeur of God.
It will flame out, like shining from shook foil;


As I type, only a few moments have passed since the most beautiful sunset I have ever seen in all my waking- perhaps the grandest, most beautiful thing I have seen- sunsets and all else. The western horizion was half-open, with lenses and whisps of cloud left- and the whole rim of sky ablaze in the purest golden fire I have ever seen. To the north and south and overhead of me were long, scudding cloudbanks whose ceilings were riffled with what one might call waves. These clouds were bluish-gray and lit up with the gold fire. Behind them- for they were rapidly breaking up, even as they rolled across the sky- was the deep blue of the sky. Against the clouds in the east was a bright, blazing light red glow, and in the open sky to the north a shimmering golden hue. The whole sky seemed utterly alive with living fire. How one can view something like this and not be struck with the greatness and beauty and glory of God is beyond me- I certainly can't!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home