Manalive!

Once upon a time there was a man who was alive.

Name:
Location: Hattiesburg, Mississippi, United States
St. Cuthbert and Disciples in a Boat

10.11.02

To-day my illness has been considerably better. I can't hear very well- I have had to ask many people to repeat themselves- it's rather like being in a cave, with the world outside. Sounds echo, and for some reason I hear low notes much more distinctly. I have had a few short bouts of dizziness, and I couldn't drive to-day- maybe tommorow. I was unable to go to church this morning, but did manage tonight. Our youth group gave a "presentation" of a little (actually, an hour long) musical we did for our church a few weeks back, and as I had a part (comic relief, actually) I felt obliged to go. It went well, though we missed a song and a scene... I sang through the first half, then went and sat down as I was feeling a bit weak-kneed.

To-day is the International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church- for more information on persecution of Christians and how you can help them, this website has a great deal of information. Please pray for the many Christians who face oppression and persecution every day- their faith is tried in ways we cannot imagine. It would be a terrible travesty if we in the comfortable West fail even to think of our suffering brothers and sisters- let us lift them up in prayer daily.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home