Manalive!

Once upon a time there was a man who was alive.

Name:
Location: Hattiesburg, Mississippi, United States
St. Cuthbert and Disciples in a Boat

1.11.02

There is something singularly remarkable about a strong head cold- everything about me seems startlingly new, and my perception of things is quite more heightened. I have at last managed to get up and walk about a bit- having been in bed all morning save for a quick jaunt downstairs- and look about at things. I have had the experience of seeing the sky and seeing that it is really blue- and the pines are truly green, and truly pines. I plucked at my banjo, and the notes where truly notes, and sharp and vibrant- though it was clearly out of tune. I am listening to Battlefield Band right now, and the music is really music, and beautiful and moving- more so than ever before.

There is no doubt some vulgar scientific explanation for these lovely sensations, but I'd rather not have any of them. I would rather like to say that in being immobilized for a longwhile {for me at least!} I am awoken to the simple beauty of life. In passing from good health life is made all the more vibrant, and my heart is joyful with the realization of all of God's good and simple gifts that I take for granted too often.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home