Manalive!

Once upon a time there was a man who was alive.

Name:
Location: Hattiesburg, Mississippi, United States
St. Cuthbert and Disciples in a Boat

27.10.04

The Other Parties

My recent lack of posts has been partially due to the fact that I have been finishing up my English Composition research paper (actually, believe it or not, I find myself doing other things just as much when I sit down to write. . .). My topic is third parties in America, specifically the issue of their viability: whether or not third parties of any sort can ever achieve political success. I think that they can, but it is a longshot. I do not intend to vote for Peroutka- who would be my third party candidate of choice- mainly because of my misgivings on his foreign policy as opposed to that of George Bush. However, I am determined that, if the GOP does as I am afraid it will in 2008 and fields a truly liberal Republican, such as Schwarzanager (or however his name is spelled!), then I will certainly leave the Grand Old Party right hastily. Some may argue I should already.

Any thoughts out there? Is voting third party a "waste"? Is it nothing more than a quixotic gesture? Or can third parties successfully challenge the current two-party dominance?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home