Manalive!

Once upon a time there was a man who was alive.

Name:
Location: Hattiesburg, Mississippi, United States
St. Cuthbert and Disciples in a Boat

25.8.04

Request For Prayer

My family is going through a very difficult time right now: my younger brother, Josh, has been getting into some serious trouble in the past few weeks. I'd rather not specify, but it has been quite bad.

I am afraid he has set out on a path of rebellion. I don't need to elaborate on the details; it's the same old story we hear and see so often and you can probably guess all too easily. I have known several other guys who have done the same sorts of things. Some are still "out there", some have come back. My best friend "came back" after years of rebellion and drug-abuse and everything that follows. He is now one of the finest guys you could ask for, deeply devoted to God, would give you the shirt off his back. Others- I haven't seen one guy, who used to me a good friend, for years. I don't know if he'll ever come back. There are so many- here, in this little community- that are in the worst blackness, the worst sorrows and troubles. There was a man, his mother's a member of our church, shot dead a few days ago in a drug deal turned bad. My dad is helping at the funeral. Another man is killing himself on crystal meth, leaving his poor (literally) wife and son to scratch by. But this isn't news- it's the awful fruit of sin and death and corruption.

And now my brother is going the same way. It's so much closer now- after all, when it happens "somewhere else" it's easy enough to shrug off an ignore. What do you do- what can you do? Pray for him, I know- but I'm finding it hard to do so. It's strangely painful.

My mother has taken it very hard- I can't imagine what it must be like. I and my family would greatly appreciate your prayers.

O Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, have mercy upon us.
O Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, grant us Your peace.
O Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world, have mercy upon us.

1 Comments:

Blogger Karl said...

Lord have mercy....

3:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home