Manalive!

Once upon a time there was a man who was alive.

Name:
Location: Hattiesburg, Mississippi, United States
St. Cuthbert and Disciples in a Boat

12.3.04

Theological Dreaming

I had a dream a couple nights back which, strangely, I still recall with some vividness (someone who knows about such things could probably explain why some dreams remain in one's memory longer than others; I certainly can't). I was with a friend, and we were discussing the grace of Baptism as expressed in life after Baptism. I brought up St. Maximus Confessor and quoted Ad Thalassium Six to the effect that Baptism gives us grace in fullness, in potency, and that we express it further and further through action in the rest of our life.

I wonder if anyone else dreams of theological discussion and brings up patristic texts and terms? And by the way, most of my dreams are quite boring; usually quiet and comfortable, or mildly tragic on occasion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home