Manalive!

Once upon a time there was a man who was alive.

Name:
Location: Hattiesburg, Mississippi, United States
St. Cuthbert and Disciples in a Boat

5.11.03

Mississippi went to the polls yesterday, and I for the first time was involved in the great American tradition, having reached eighteen a little more than a month ago. I went with my parents to the little community center of Johnson, a few miles up the road from our house, and cast our ballots.

The Republican candidate, Haley Barbour, won, quite handily it would seem, and according to my expectations. I voted for Mr Barbour, although I must admit he is not the most thrilling of men. He did, in my opinion, have a certain edge over the incumbent Ronny Musgrove, a Democrat, if for nothing other than his party affiliation. In fact, politicians in this state tend to all lean right, whether Republican or Democrat. There are some very decent Democrats in this state whose views I would by and large endorse. However, I am very relucant to support a Democrat, even a conservative Mississippi one, because of his party affiliation: a somewhat unfair position, I suppose, but I simply do not desire to give any support to a party which, by and large, is dominated by pro-abortionists, various leftists, and such.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home